Cheesy veggie nuggets
1 pound broccoli florets thawed from frozen state
1 pound chopped spinach thawed and drained
1 cup frozen diced potatoes thawed
1 cup rice
1 Tablespoon all purpose flour, or spelt flour with a little baking powder and baking soda added. about 1/4 tsp each.
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
Herby Ranch Dip
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 lemon (juiced)
1 Tablespoon flat leaf parsley (chopped)
1 Tablespoon dill (chopped)
1 Tablespoon chives (chopped)
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the broccoli, spinach, and potatoes and rice and pulse to combine. It is better combined in another bowl, and transferred to the food processor. Add the egg, flour (and baking soda and baking powder as listed) garlic powder, cheddar cheese, parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Pulse to combine. Spread the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, until firm.
- Prepare a second baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the baking sheet from the refrigerator. Using cookie cutters, punch out the vegetable mixture and place the shapes onto the prepared baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and place the veggie shapes in the freezer overnight or until ready for use.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Bake the veggie nuggets for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown.
- For the ranch dipping sauce, in a medium bowl, add the yogurt, lemon juice parsley, dill, and chives. Mix to combine.