This recipe helped my super-sensitive tasting family to overcome their aversion to kale. And it tastes great.
- 1 large bunch of Black Kale (leaves torn into bite size pieces)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1-2 Lemons
- 1/3 cup currants (optional and much like a special breed of raisins)
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts (toasted)
- 1/4 cue Pecorino or Pecorino Romano (grated)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes (optional if you like a little heat)
Step By Step Directions.
1. Add the kale to a large mixing bowl, season with a little salt, and drizzle with olive oil. Massage with your hands making sure to coat the kale with oil and begin to break down the cell structure.
2. Grate the zest of the lemon(s) and squeeze the juice of the lemons over the massaged kale. Add the currants, toasted pine nuts, pecorino, and toss to combine. Serve with a pinch of red chili flakes if desired.