Chickpeas with Lime and Rice
A recipe with lime and spices kind of Indian style, that my husband likes
- 1 cutting board
- 1 2 qt pot
- 1 fry pan
- 1 Lemon and lime squeezer I like this, it has a video https://amzn.to/3DY4bpV
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 3/4 tsp olive oil
- 4 whole limes squeezed for juice
- 4 whole limes grated for lime zest need 1 TBS
- 1/2 cup white basmati rice
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- pinch crushed red pepper optional
- 1 Tbsp lime zest My daugter bought this for us https://amzn.to/3J41lmi
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable broth
- 1 15 oz can of garbonzo beans drained and rinsed or Aldis or 1/2 cup dried soaked and cooked https://amzn.to/3SIno4X
- 1 stalk broccoli shredded (Optional because I had some)
- In the 2 qt pot, heat the olive oil and add the onions and saute for 5 minutes
- Add the minced garlic
- add the rice, cinnamon, ginger, cumin and lime zest, stirring all to toast for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth. Cook or steam till rice is soft
- Meanwhile in a nonstick sauce pan, add garbonzo beans. I added the broccoli slaw here (optional) and heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce made with lime juice over the garbonzo beans and shredded broccoli (optional I just had some) Heat together and serve.
This recipe is full of flavor, and has all compliant ingredients for blood type O. With lots of folate and sulphorophanes. Added citrus gives it a zing.