There are things you need to sleep better, things that help build the melatonin you need. This is about foods that can disrupt sleep.
- Of course, we know about caffeine. Caffeine’s 1/2 life is 5 hours. So stopping early in the day may be necessary. No Energy drinks, Chocolate, Decaff coffee or Tea. No peppermint tea. All the mint family can cause heartburn and reflux.
2. Aged cheese and wine. Alcohol helps you fall asleep however, it causes interruptive sleep and active dreaming. Red wine and aged cheeses have tyramine which raises the production of Nor-Epinephrine. Per the Cleveland Clinic, low levels of norepinephrine can also lead to various health conditions, including: Anxiety. Depression. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) This is why some people feel better when they drink.
3. Warming spices like garlic, turmeric, and nutmeg, stimulate the body and can cause heartburn, especially if you are sensitive to any of these.
4. Real spices like red pepper and capsaicin revs metabolism and warms you up. We sleep better when we are cooler
5. Fatty foods inhibit sleep therefore we have less restorative sleep.
6. Brownies with choclate, sugar, flour, and theobromine acts like a stimulant, later than caffeine and can wake you up in the middle of the night.
7. Too much food too close to bedtime is harder to digest.
8. Glutamates from shiitake mushrooms, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and soy sauce are high in sugar, salt and fat. Nothing to support the manufacture of melatonin.
9. Over the Counter medicines should be used short term. They can disrupt sleep. Eating your nutrients helps you sleep better. Read this about Lee D. She is 80 years old.
Find your highly beneficial foods with the Genopalate Test and plug them into this Serotyping With Additional Modifying Inventories Test and age with vibrance and continued mobility.
Fine-tuning your diet, can take some working through. For some it is easy, for others it is a challenge. If you think you are vegan, it may not be true. If you think you are.
All these conditions are related and all the methylating cycles interact. Learning to eat more B12 with sockeye salmon or liver, and some folate rich vegetables will help you sleep and aid digestion.
Sleeping, hoping to avoid cancer, avoiding diabetes, are all related and can be overcome with your best and right foods. Don’t waste another minute thinking this is something you have to figure out. I have figured this out for you and all you need to do is follow the steps to Boomer Wellness.
B vitamins like riboflavin, folate plus B12 magnesium and zinc are absolutely necessary to create melatonin in your body
If you listen to this: It’s time to learn more