Bean salad is a common cold salad composed of various cooked beans — (green beans, yellow wax beans, garbanzos (chick peas), kidney beans — and typically fresh onions, peppers or other vegetables, tossed in a vinaigrette, characteristically sweetened with sugar. Bean salad can be prepared as a pickled dish. It is common in some parts of the United States to refer to this sort of salad by the number of different beans it contains; e.g., “Three Bean Salad” or “Four Bean Salad.” The generic term, “Bean Salad,” can also be used to refer to completely unrelated dishes, including variants with such starches as barley, pasta noodles or rice.
Bean Salad for Blood Type B
- 1 whole lemon fresh or 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can kidney beans (15 oz) can
- 1 can navy beans (15 oz) can
- 1 can peas (15 oz) can
- 1/2 cup onion white or red onion
- 3 whole basil leaves fresh, torn or chopped or sprinkled dry basil
- Combine lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and cumin in a large bowl, stir to mix well. Add beans and peas, onions and basil.
- Mix well and serve immediately or refrigerate over night.