Cheesy-Veggie Nuggets and Herby Ranch Dip. This is the best way to turn vegetables into tiny child-friendly nuggets. Making homemade veggie nuggets isn’t hard and beat the store-bought hands down.
Cheesy Veggie Nuggets by Daphne Oz
- 1 lb broccoli thawed from frozen state
- 1 lb spinach chopped, thawed and drained
- 1 cup rice I substituted rice for potatoes, easier to digest
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tbsp flour I would use spelt or amaranth here
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup parmesan or mozzarella cheese grated as an option for Blood Type A
- 1/4 cup parsley flat leaf (chopped)
Herb Ranch Dip
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 whole lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp parsley flat leaf (chopped)
- 1 tbsp dill chopped
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the broccoli, spinach, and rice and pulse to combine. It is better combined in another bowl, and transferred to the food processor.
- Add the egg, flour (and baking soda and baking powder as listed) garlic powder, cheddar cheese, parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pulse to combine. Spread the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, until firm.
- Prepare a second baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the baking sheet from the refrigerator. Using cookie cutters, punch out the vegetable mixture and place the shapes onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place the veggie shapes in the freezer overnight or until ready for use.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Bake the veggie nuggets for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown.
Herby Ranch Dressing
- For the ranch dipping sauce, in a medium bowl, add the yogurt, lemon juice parsley, dill, and chives. Mix to combine.