Now, we know that the common thread in many female hormone diseases such as those mentioned above is a little known condition known as estrogen dominance. The underlying problem is a relative excess of estrogen and an absolute deficiency in progesterone. In the west, the prevalence of estrogen dominance syndrome approaches 50% in women over 35 years old.
Eating low glycemic high fiber vegetables is best. When you can’t You must avoid simple sugars and coffee. This is temporary support till you find your best foods. Log in and you will fine tune your foods and feel better.
Here are some typical complaints from patients having estrogen dominance:
- My breasts are swollen and getting bigger.
- I can’t put my rings on my fingers.
- I am more impatient now than ever.
- People tell me I am too bossy.
- I am getting cramps again like when I was younger.
- I no longer get my period.
- I miss my periods regularly.
- My periods come irregularly.
- I get scared when I see large clots during my period.
- I have Pre-Menstrual Syndrome (PMS).
- When I get a hug, my breasts hurt.
- I have fibroids.
- I have endometriosis.
- I cannot fit into my shoes.
- I have a cyst in my breast.
- I feel tired all the time.
|Estrogen Effect||Progesterone Effect|
|Causes endometrium to proliferate||Maintains secretory endometrium|
|Causes breast stimulation that can lead to breast cancer||Protects against fibrocystic breast and prevents breast cancer|
|Increases body fat||Helps use fat for energy|
|Increase endometrial cancer risk||Prevents endometrial cancer|
|Increase gallbladder disease risk|
|Restrains osteoclast function slightly||Promote osteoblast function, leading to bone growth|
|Reduces vascular tone||Restores vascular tone|
|Increase blood clot risk||Normalize blood clot|
This is a 24 hour urine test that can determine your estrogen byproducts. I found this because Elizma Lambert was teaching on Dr. Ben Lynch and it is the best estrogen break-down test there is