Why do I use turkey sausage instead of pork? Turkey is a universally digestible protein. Get creative with your next family breakfast. Delicious eggs, cheese and Jimmy Dean® Turkey Sausage Crumbles baked together in a muffin pan are a fun and flavorful morning wake-up call
Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Cups
- 4.5 oz jimmy dean crumbled turkey sausage 1/2 bag
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli chopped, that has been steamed from frozen
- 8-9 whole eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup cheese shredded, for chopped Feta, or mozzarella. Original recipe had cheddar for Blood Type B. Choose your best all work wonderfully
- 3-4 bulbs green onion with stems sliced
- 2-4 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Cook sausage, mushrooms, and broccoli in a large skillet with (2 tsp olive oil) over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently.
- Beat eggs, almond milk in a large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add green onions.
- Stir in small cubed cheese.
- Stir in sausage mix, with chopped broccoli. You can use a teflon muffin pan, and spray olive oil, without using parchment liners. I find the muffins will stick.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups
- Bake 18-22 minutes at 350, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Or until muffins rise out of pan, and are brown on edges. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.