It was on Doctor Oz today, or yesterday. You can check to see if your thyroid is low simply, and easily at home.
Grab a thermometer, and before you get up for the morning for 7 days in a row, take your temperature.
Average your temperature for the 7 days.
If it is below the 98.6 or 98.7 or below 98 degrees, then you may have a sluggish thyroid.
You can help with Iodized Salt and a Selenium Rich foods (Selenium is a heavy metal, and toxic-my husband is a biochemist and refuses to take supplements with selenium in them.
Mushrooms, White button, are s selenium rich food.
- Brazil nuts Neutral for Both Blood Type B and Blood Type AB—Avoid for Blood Type O and Blood Type A
- Sunflower seeds are Neutral for only Blood Type A and an avoid for Blood Types O, B, and AB
- Fish (halibut, sardines, flounder, salmon) All highly beneficial for Blood Type B, Neutral for Blood Type O, Salmon and Sardines only for Blood Type A, and Blood Type AB. The halibut and flounder are difficult to digest.
- Shellfish (oysters, mussels, shrimp, clams, scallops) Neutral for Blood Types O , Scallops neutral for Blood Type B and Blood Type AB, Mussels neutral for Blood Type AB. Everything, is an avoid for Blood type A, and those not Mentioned are an Avoid for the other Blood Types.
- Meat (Beef, liver, lamb) Highly beneficial for Blood Type O, Lamb highly beneficial for Blood Type B, and Beef and Liver is Neutral for Blood Type B. Highly beneficial for Blood Type O. Lamb and Liver is neutral for Blood Type AB, and All are an avoid for Blood Type A
- Poultry (chicken, turkey)Chicken is Neutral for Blood Type O, and an AVOID for Blood Type B and Blood Type AB. Chicken and Turkey are neutral for Blood Type A and only Turkey is neutral or highly beneficial for All.
- Eggs are neutral for everyone, and the yolk is a great source of nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, and Carotenoids Carotenoids, the colorful plant pigments some of which the body can turn into vitamin A, are powerful antioxidants that can help prevent some forms of cancer and heart disease, and act to enhance your immune response to infections.
- Mushrooms (button, crimini, Portabella) Shiitake mushrooms are only highly beneficial for Blood Type B and an avoid for all Blood Types, Miatake are highly beneficial for Blood Type A and Blood Type AB. The other mushrooms are all inconsequential.
- Whole grains (wheat germ, barley, brown rice, oats) Barley is blood type specific, and can cause inflammation when not used properly. Wheat Germ is One of the Gluten products, I substitute Flaxseed for Wheat germ in all recipes. And since flaxseed is esterogenic, I use Chia seeds now. Brown rice is useful, and not necessary, Oats work for I recommend the rolled oats and Steel Cut oats. 4 cups of water bring to a boil, stir in 1 cup of rolled oats, and 1 cup of steel cut oats and stir while boiling for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, stir in one cup of quinoa (a complete protein) and simmer for approximately 30 minutes like rice.
I gave up chicken as a Blood Type A and the reason is in my BOOK.