A meat chop is a cut of meat cut perpendicularly to the spine, and usually containing a rib or riblet part of a vertebra and served as an individual portion. The most common kinds of meat chops are pork and lamb. A thin boneless chop, or one with only the rib bone, may be called a cutlet, though the difference is not always clear. The term “chop” is not usually used for beef, but a T-bone steak is essentially a loin chop, and a rib steak a rib chop. From Giada De Laurentiis
Grilled Lamb Chops and Vegetables
- 2 whole garlic cloves large, crushed
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 6 whole lamb chops about 3/4 inch thick
- 3 pinches sea salt coarse
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade add the garlic, rosemary, thyme, cayenne, and salt. Pulse until combined. Pour in olive oil and pulse into a paste.
- Rub the paste on both sides of the lamb chops and let them marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Remove from refrigerator and allow the chops to come to room temperature; it will take about 20 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat until almost smoking, add the chops and sear for about 2 minutes. Flip the chops over and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare and 3 1/2 minutes for medium.
- Blood Type O does well with Broccoli, Cabbage, Parsnips, Sweet Potatoes, and Cucumber. A romaine lettuce salad with artichokes for liver support.
- Blood Type B does well with Beet, Broccoli, Brussels Sprout, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Parsnip, Peppers (All), Squash and a romaine lettuce salad with arugula for liver support.
- Blood Type AB does well with Beet, Broccoli, Cabbage, Celery, Cucumber, Parsnip, Sweet Potatoes. AB's also do well with a romaine lettuce salad with arugula for liver support. This blood Type does well to substitute oregano and parsley as these are more highly beneficial for the blood Type AB's
- This recipe is only for Blood type A if it is listed on your Complete Secretor Status Test an important test that helps determine your best proteins, fish and vegetables and beans. If you do not like lamb, there are other healthful proteins to choose from. It is preferable to beef for Blood type B and Blood Type AB