Compliant Flours help prevent information and provide needed nutrition
Homemade Fig Newtons with Compliant flours
- oven preheat to 375
- 2 1/2 Cups BTD Flour. I used 1 C Amaranth 1 C pea 1/2 C Almond flour by Bobs Mill Blood Type B and AB use millet flour. I ground millet in my coffee grinder for use. https://amzn.to/36VCuMN or https://amzn.to/3KlkMnX Either product woks
- 1/4 tsp soda
- 1/2 Cup Butter for Blood Type Or Ghee for the other blood types https://www.keystobasichealth.com/simple-homemade-ghee-recipe/
- 1/2 Cup Date syrup I bought mine at Walmart and it works great!
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Jar Stonewall Kitchen Fig and Walnut Butter https://amzn.to/3Oy7KqB
- In a bowl combine butter or ghee, date syrup eggs and vanilla
- In a separate bowl mix flours and the soda
- blend the butter or ghee, date syrup, eggs and vanilla and add to the flour mixture
- Mix and wet the flour gently by folding . When all moistened. knead a little.
- roll out onto a large cutting board or any surface
- With a rolling pin, roll dough out to approximately a 14X12 inch square
- Cut dough with a knife into 4 strips about 3 1/4 inches wide and about 12 inches long
- Spoon jam in a mound down the center of each strip.
- Using a spatula, turn the side of each strip to enclose the filling. Try to spread edges together.
- With a knife cut each strip into approximately 9 or 10 pieces.
- Place seam-side down on a greased baking sheet and bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Cookies may brown
- Store in an airtight container. I prefer glass. In a cool dry place.