Crimini Mushroom Soup
- 1 pound Crimini Mushrooms Sliced thin about 5 cups
- 1 med Yellow Onion Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Tbs Ghee https://www.keystobasichealth.com/simple-homemade-ghee-recipe/
- 2 Tbs Olive oil extra virgin
- 2 Tbs Thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 Cups Vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs dry sherry
- 3/4-1 Cup Creamy Almond Milk
- Place ghee and olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and cook until it begins to brown (about 4 minutes)
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, 2 Tablespoons thyme, and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook until mushrooms become limp (about 2-4 minutes) Add a thickener of rice flour or spelt flour for Blood Types B and AB if you like thick soup.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil and, reduce to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Transfer 1/2 the soup to a blender or separate bowl. You can blend our use a stick blender to make into bits in the pot.
- Stir in the milk and sherry. Serve with a pinch of remaining thyme.